I remember the day when I realized there was something distinctive about the feminine soul! I had just finished eight counseling sessions back to back and found myself having a ground-hogs-day feeling. While each of the women I had just counseled and coached had her own distinctive story and personality, each woman was struggling with very similar emotional and behavioral challenges that were keeping her from making important changes in her life!
That’s when I had my “AHA” moment…
There is something distinctive about a Woman’s Voice! While psychotherapy was developed based on a gender-neutral position, we are in so many ways, uniquely different from our male-counterparts. The way we learn, navigate life, make decisions, absorb information, take risks and understand our history is often different and grounded in the unique nature of our feminine soul!
I started pulling out all of my case notes from the previous years and began documenting the similarities amongst the women I have had the great privilege of journeying with as a counselor. There it was again…a series of patterns and struggles that were common among many of the woman I had journeyed with!
So I began to put together therapy exercises and coaching tools to see if I could help woman change, what I believe, are the more common struggles of our feminine souls, and help women unleash the AMAZINGNESS of who they were created to be. These tools, thoughts and insights are designed to be more gender-specific! I am not saying that these ideas and tools are not also relevant to men. Many of the men I have had the honor of journeying with have had similar life-struggles. However my lifework, my ministry calling, is to dedicate more of my energy and focus towards understanding the feminine soul, and helping women find their VOICE through these insights I continue to observe.
In 2015 I determined that I would spend the remainder of my career devoted to creating a clearer understanding of the unique life challenges of the feminine soul, and empower women by helping them Find Their VOICE, based on three areas of observation…
……What I have learned and continue to learn from the thousands of women I have worked with in the last 25 years of clinical experience
….What I have learned and continue to learn from women who have FOUND THEIR VOICE!
….What I have learned and continue to learn from my own faith and life journey!
Since I have been speaking about these topics for several years, particularly about helping women find their voice, I am often asked, “What are the emotional shifts that women need to make in order to find their Voice?
Here’s a sneak peek of the emotional shifts every woman needs to make in order to find her VOICE, as well as a sneak peek of upcoming blog posts:
- VOICES…who are you listening to? Women tend to absorb Voices along the way and these Voices play a SIGNIFICANT role in how we engage others, our work and our emotional lives.
- RISK TAKING…over and over women hold themselves back because they have not acquired the intuitive tendency to manage risk!
- UGLY-BEAUTIFUL…understanding how to translate difficult experiences in your life into powerful moments.
- SHREWD AS A SERPENT, INNOCENT AS A DOVE…we need to learn how to balance our tendencies towards “not rocking the boat” with “knowing how to make a meaningful ruckus!”…without feeling guilt.
- CONFUSING KINDNESS, LOVE AND PATIENCE WITH A HIGH TOLERANCE FOR CRAP…there is just no other way to say this my friends!
- MOVE OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND INTO THE PUBLIC VIEW.
- LEARNING HOW TO SAY “NO” SO THAT THEY CAN SAY YES TO THEIR LIFEWORK
- PERFECTIONISM…how it keeps women from taking risks, advancing their career possibilities, moving into leadership, finding their lifework and finding their VOICE!
I look forward to the possibility of helping you FIND YOUR VOICE!!!
DIALOGUE QUESTION: Do you relate to and identify with the above emotional shifts needed to find your VOICE? If so, how?
I look forward to your thoughts, comments and dialogue!
If you have found this post helpful or insightful, please share it with the women in your life!